The GFCA gives two (2) Coach of the Year Awards. One is dedicated to a coach of speech events and one is dedicated to a coach of debate events.
Recipients are then selected based on the following criteria:
- The candidate is in good standing with the GFCA.
- The candidate demonstrates enthusiasm for forensic activities.
- The candidate has a high regard and respect for the students s/he works with.
- The candidate has a high regard and respect for fellow coaches.
- The candidate works toward the improvement of the GFCA and forensic activities in Georgia.
- The candidate promotes interest in interscholastic forensic activities through the strength of her/his program.
- The candidate has acquired the respect of the students s/he works with as well as other students in the community.